Chris Smith is a Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent peer-review rated attorney that has been recognized as a Journal Record Achiever Under 40, and has been named to the Super Lawyer Rising Star list from 2014-2020 as well as identified by Best Lawyers in the area of Family Law.
Chris focuses his practice on representing individuals in domestic litigation matters and he understands that business and personal matters are intimately intertwined. As a result, Chris believes an attorney's full value is only realized when they are a strategic partner in the critical aspects of both business life and personal life.
Chris’ experience combined with his genuine compassion allow him to break down complex legal matters in a relatable way for his clients.
He represents individuals located throughout Oklahoma, Texas and the Western United States in family law litigation. Chris does not shy away from complicated cases including ones that involve: highly contested custody matters, sexual abuse allegations, high-stakes property division, family businesses and child support.
Outside of the office Chris is committed to multiple civic organizations, serves on the board of Oklahoma Institute of Child Advocacy, Oklahoma Christian National Alumni Council and he is a member of the Oklahoma Advisory Committee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights.
Chris and his wife, Marissa, reside in Edmond, Oklahoma with their son, daughter and their dog Rue. The family they enjoys being active in their church and various community activities.
- Federal Court in Denver
EducationUniversity of Oklahoma College of Law Norman, Oklahoma
Honors and Awards
- “AV Preeminent” – Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating
“Achiever Under 40” – The Journal Record, 2016
“Rising Star” – Super Lawyers Magazine, Thomson Reuters, annually 2014 - 2020
- Fellow – Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- "Oklahoma’s Best Lawyers" – Family Law
- "Best Lawyers in America" – Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Admitted, all Oklahoma State Courts
- Admitted, all Texas State Courts
- Admitted, Western District of Oklahoma
- Admitted, Eastern District of Texas
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Member, National Alumni Council, Oklahoma Christian University
- Board Member - Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy
- Oklahoma State Advisory Committee Member - U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Delta Gamma Sigma