"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time."
- General Creighton W. Abrams, Jr.
Chris is a partner at Ball Morse Lowe PLLC and co-chair of the firm’s Oil, Gas + Energy Practice Group. Chris is a deft problem solver who is regularly retained by clients with unique, complex, and/or delicate matters requiring swift and strategic handling. Chris's practice is focused primarily within the energy sector with an emphasis on title examination and the preparation of drilling, division order, and acquisition title opinions for companies in Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Texas. He is also an expert in all manner of energy-related transactions from purchase and sale agreements, deeds and assignments to surface use and lease agreements (oil and gas, wind, and solar). Chris's clients include oil and gas operators, non-operating interest owners, mineral buyers, renewable energy producers, private equity, and landowners. Additionally, Chris represents clients in certain business, real estate, and probate matters.
Chris received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he interned with the Colorado Attorney General's Office and served as a law fellow to the Chief Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court. He began his legal career working at a prominent Denver litigation firm before transitioning fully into land work. Prior to joining Ball Morse Lowe, Chris managed the Rocky Mountain region of a national land services company, leading teams in title examination, leasing, and acquisition due diligence projects across the country.
EducationUniversity of Denver Denver, Colorado
Juris Doctor, 2011
College of Charleston Charleston, South Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Colorado Bar Association - Natural Resources & Energy Law Section; and Environmental Law Section
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Attorneys
- Denver Association of Professional Landmen
- Denver Petroleum Club
- Oklahoma City Association of Professional Landmen
- Permian Basin Landmen's Association
- The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law formerly (formerly the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation) - Natural Resources Law Education Committee
- Wyoming Association of Professional Landmen