“An expert is a person who has made every possible mistake
in a very narrow field.” - Enrico Fermi
- Excellent legal research and writing skills. I produce concise, accurate, and readable written documents and I specialize in presenting complex subjects clearly.
- Exceptional experience in Oklahoma civil appeals. During my work at the Oklahoma Supreme Court I became intimately aware of all aspects of civil appeals, original actions, and associated proceedings in the appellate courts.
- Proven skills as an appellate advocate. Since 1992 I have averaged more than twenty pending cases in the appellate courts at any given time.
- Excellent results: Scott v. Peters, 2016 OK 108 (Okla. 2016); Jobe v. Jobe, 352 P.3d 1242 (Okla. Ct. App. 2014); Rogers v. Mercy Health Cnr., 334 P.3d 426 (Okla. Civ. App. 2014); ODOT v. Metcalf, 298 P.3d 550 (Okla. Civ. App. 2013); Ahlschlager v. Lawton School Dist., 242 P.3d 509 (Okla.,2010); City College v. Moore Sorrento, 246 P.3d 726 (Okla.Civ.App.2010); Board of Regents v. McCloskey, 227 P.3d 133(Okla. 2009); King v. Wagoner Co., 146 P.3d 833 (Okla. Civ. App. 2006), Hedges v. Hedges, 66 P.3d 364 (Okla. 2002), Daniel v. Daniel, 42 P.3d 863 (Okla. 2001); Stroud v. Arthur Andersen & Co., 37 P.3d 783 (Okla. 2001); Prior v. Findley, 949 P.2d 1218 (Okl. Civ. App. 1997); Baptist Medical Center v. Aguirre, 930 P.2d 213 (Okla 1996).
- University of Oklahoma College of Law Norman, Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma Norman, Oklahoma
- B.S., 1971
- Married, to Paula Roberts, December 26, 1970.
- Born in Tribbey, Oklahoma, April 18, 1949.
- Veteran, U.S. Air Force (Col. USAFR, Retired)
Past Employment Positions
- 1992 to present - Solo-practitioner, specializing in civil appeals
- 1984 to 1992 - Assistant to Justice John Doolin of the Oklahoma Supreme Court
- 1979 to 1984 - Practicing attorney in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area